Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to Neerim District Secondary College. We are pleased to invite you to join us in a learning partnership. Our College is focused on achieving success for all students. We seek to give particular support to everyone who aims high in their personal learning goals, giving opportunities for all students to improve and excel.
Transition from primary school is always a challenge for parents and students. Our College is large enough to offer students a broad range of subject choices, while being small enough to allow teachers and students to work together closely. Your child will be well known in our school community and supported throughout each step of their educational and development journey.
In terms of education for life, we believe that success is about the quality of the journey, the nature of the experiences along the way and not just the end point. Our aim is to send our students into the world as well-rounded, capable, caring young men and women.
As a small Year 7 - 12 school we are able to offer a range of leadership and personal development opportunities that is second to none in Gippsland.
- With over 30 leadership positions in a key learning areas.
- Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars Program (through University of Melbourne)
- Lions Club Youth of the Year
- Zone, Regional and State levels in sport
- Early Access to VCE and University Courses
Our school encourages all students to adopt the college vision of:
- Show Respect - to show proper regard for your own learning and well-being, while demonstrating courtesy and thoughtfulness towards others, as well as, showing responsibility in terms of property;
- Be Committed - to work hard so as to achieve your very best in your learning and in all other positive endeavours;
- Work Together - to work constructively within all your classes, so as to learn, while also contributing positively to improving the College and the outside community
Welcome to Neerim District Secondary College, whether you are new to the school or returning here, may you each achieve success in all your positive endeavours.
The 2015-2018 Strategic Plan sets the direction for the school to provide a learning environment that promotes successful, independent learners within a rural community to become valued members of society.